Aortic dissection & aortic aneurysm information support group

Aortic dissection, aortic aneurysm - The aorta - Life after an aortic dissection

For the first time since I dissected 7 1/2 yrs ago I went a whole yr before a checkup. Kind of exciting when the docs feel you're stable enough to move from 6m to 1yr.  Well excitement is over.  I went for my checkup(this time an ECHO since they are safer than CT scans) doc called yesterday with results.  My leaky valve has gotten worse, and there is a possible expansion of the aorta, they are sending me for a CT scan to confirm the expansion. Doc called in the referral yesterday, so hopefully CT scan soon. Then I imagine it's off to the cardiologist, this town doesn't have one and I've only lived here a short while,  so I don't have one yet.  But the amazing guy and gal that did my ECHO gave me the names of 2 really good ones. Needless to say I'm a complete nervous wreck and currently very busy distracting my brain with video

OH and a year ago my aorta from root to mid arch(the part that dissected and was repaired) it measured 5.4cm, so I'm really hoping the possible expansion turns out not to be.



Views: 304

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Aortic dissection & aortic aneurysm information support group to add comments!

Join Aortic dissection & aortic aneurysm information support group

Comment by Kimberlee Jones on October 3, 2013 at 12:01

Thank you Jeff.  I have to admit I get that positivity from all of you here.  You all mean a lot to me and are why I'm still



Comment by Jeff Frank on October 3, 2013 at 5:32

Hi Kimberlee - Everyone is in your corner.  Your positive outlook and encouragement have helped so many people in this group.   Hopefully you can find some encouragement here too.

Comment by Kimberlee Jones on October 2, 2013 at 1:16

Update:  aneurysm now measures 6.2cm and valve is very leaky(it would be since aneurysm is located in aortic root) 

OK, surgery is a yes. Surgeon referred me to cardiologist for angiogram first, once he gets results he will schedule surgery. Cardiologist called me before we even got to car and scheduled angiogram for 24, about an hour later they called back. The surgeon called them and told them the 24th is not soon enough. Waiting for them to call me back with earlier date/time. From what I was told this is a more complicated, longer surgery than the first(said it would be an all day surgery), my graph from first surgery is holding fine, the aortic root is where the aneurysm is located, so they will be replacing that and replacing aortic valve. Also he wants to do genetic testing because aneurysm is not located where initial dissection occurred(below it though), so cause is unknown(not pregnant this time). So, angiogram - results- schedule surgery. That is the plan.
Comment by Kimberlee Jones on September 23, 2013 at 22:07

Well CT confirms the aneurysm has grown. My doc is now putting in a referral to a vascular surgeon.  Back to the waiting game for his office to call to schedule appointment.

Comment by Richard Deal on September 10, 2013 at 12:38

i'll keep my fingers crossed for you. chin up!



Our AD Facebook Page!

Visit Our Facebook Page/

OR - Post our Website Link to your Facebook Wall Profile
If you have the QR decode app in your smart camera phone - hold your camera phone over this QR CODE and it will automatically take your smart phone (*if you have the internet enabled on your phone) to our Facebook Page!

 OR - Use the QR Code above

What's a QR Code??
Download QR Reader App.

Our Twitter Feed!


© 2019   Created by Graeme.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service