Aortic dissection & aortic aneurysm information support group

Aortic dissection, aortic aneurysm - The aorta - Life after an aortic dissection

aye aye,

at the weekend i was intermittently tachycardic and my resting pulse has been around the 100 mark since then. i went to see my doctor on monday and he took some blood and sent it off for analysis. the results came back today and showed positive for some sort of infection (elevated CRP values - mine was 9.5 mg/l and normally it should be under 5). tomorrow morning i am at the cardiologist in order to rule out a bacterial infection on the heart valve.

i'll keep you all posted... wish me luck!


Views: 86

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Aortic dissection & aortic aneurysm information support group to add comments!

Join Aortic dissection & aortic aneurysm information support group

Comment by Cheryl Kerber on March 11, 2011 at 16:23

Alright -- so as I read these -- I had my own issues a week ago Wednesday and it isn't a 100 percent gone, beyond them eliminating the "big issues" --- is there a lunar pull, something in the air --- could the tsunami/earthquake be in line with whatever is going on ----- I know -- a bit far off --- so I'm kidding - kind of - you never know with how "sensitive to things" we have become since our AD/Aneurysms.

I'll be thinking of you and sending only the best of course!  Keep us up to date because we really do care -- gives us something else to think about besides ourselves!


Comment by Kimberlee Jones on March 11, 2011 at 1:53

*hugs* here's wishing you get better quickly! I'm glad to hear the valve is not leaking but I would prefer to hear that you were feeling better and the knew what was wrong and cleared it all up. Keep us updated.




Comment by Carol Pont on March 9, 2011 at 15:54
Richard. I am so pleased at the news. That its not a leak. Let me know how you get on. Also you know how too make me laugh. So thank you so much for that.
Comment by Richard Deal on March 9, 2011 at 11:46

all clear with the cardiologist. valve looks good (not leaking atm, which is an improvement on last time), and as far as they can tell (from outside) no klingons on its starboard bow. so, now the mystery thickens. next week i get fitted with a 24hr ecg and have another blood test to check to see what the infection values look like. if they are still high i need to swallow an ultrasound probe at some point to definitively rule out bacteria on the valve.

good news, but unfortunately another week as a zombie... i haven't felt like this since i was a teenager! just a pity i don't have any of the benefits ;)


Comment by Graeme on March 9, 2011 at 10:20


let us/me know the outcome asap. I do wish you a LOT of luck and have my fingers crossed .. funny also.. as my heart for some reason has been banging away all this week as well but under a lot of stress at mo with some horrific employment issues with N... so am presuming it is that stress that is causing it.. anyway you take care my friend and let me know asap the results...




Comment by Carol Pont on March 9, 2011 at 0:02
I am so sorry too hear your news Richard. I wish you luck. Keep me posted. Hugs from me. Carol :)


Our AD Facebook Page!

Visit Our Facebook Page/

OR - Post our Website Link to your Facebook Wall Profile
If you have the QR decode app in your smart camera phone - hold your camera phone over this QR CODE and it will automatically take your smart phone (*if you have the internet enabled on your phone) to our Facebook Page!

 OR - Use the QR Code above

What's a QR Code??
Download QR Reader App.

Our Twitter Feed!


© 2019   Created by Graeme.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service