Aortic dissection & aortic aneurysm information support group

Aortic dissection, aortic aneurysm - The aorta - Life after an aortic dissection

All Discussions Tagged 'heart' (14)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Depression (the black dog..)

Hi everyone..found this today and it struck a LOT of familiar chords with me and no doubt will with many of you also..   http://myheartsist…

Started by Graeme

8 Jan 25, 2014
Reply by Wayne Settje

Initial discovery, and the road I've been on since then

I was diagnosed with having an aortic aneurysm after an evening where I spent 17 hours in the cardiac wing of the ER at a large hospital.  …

Started by David A. Holt

8 Sep 7, 2013
Reply by Kimberlee Jones

Mechanical Heart Valve noise when attached to a dacron prosthesis to replace the aortic root and the ascending aorta

Many of you will be interested in this test result that I found today. It refers specifically to MHV noise when attached to a prothesis whi…

Started by Graeme

0 Oct 17, 2012

MHV v Tissue Valve... and the 'Elephant in the Room'..Warfarin..

All,   A blog over on the MHV group that has a lot of relevance here as well. Maybe worth a read..   cheers   Graeme

Started by Graeme

0 Sep 9, 2012

My Story

Hello, I've been looking for a forum where I could share my heart experience with others.  Hopefully this will be a great place for that. …

Started by Michael Clair

3 Aug 20, 2012
Reply by Richard Deal

"Heartbeat River"... Apparently this soundtrack masks the sound of your MHV for better sleep..

Hi all   I'm not flogging this no endorsing it - the same as anything else that I ocassionally stumble across and think might be of benefit…

Started by Graeme

3 Jul 10, 2011
Reply by Kev A

Heart Valves.. a new study on MHV versus Bioprosthetic..

This report has just been released..it makes for VERY interesting reading...  cheers Graeme  

Started by Graeme

1 Mar 5, 2011
Reply by Richard Deal

A brief story from 2005 about shutting down the heart muscle to complete surgury

If  not for pre diagnosis - this is basically what I went through only in a emergency situation. This is one way Yale is in the forefront

Started by Jim Sanquedolce

4 Jan 17, 2011
Reply by Richard Deal

24 April 2010 - AD'ed on 24 April 2003... 7 year anniversary yesterday...

Hi all..   Just wanted to share - especially as a few members are awaiting surgery or have just had their brush with mortality in the last…

Started by Graeme

4 May 20, 2010
Reply by Dee Dee Yardley

The Heart..

Pumps over 10,000 GALLONS of blood a day, is less than the size of an average fist, and weighs  less than a lb (pound). Truly, truly amazin…

Started by Graeme

4 Apr 8, 2010
Reply by Graeme

RSS

LIFELONG MEMBERS

Our AD Facebook Page!

Visit Our Facebook Page/

OR - Post our Website Link to your Facebook Wall Profile
If you have the QR decode app in your smart camera phone - hold your camera phone over this QR CODE and it will automatically take your smart phone (*if you have the internet enabled on your phone) to our Facebook Page!

OR - Use the QR Code above

What's a QR Code??
Download QR Reader App.

Our Twitter Feed!

Events

© 2019   Created by Graeme.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service