Aortic dissection & aortic aneurysm information support group

Aortic dissection, aortic aneurysm - The aorta - Life after an aortic dissection

All Discussions Tagged 'aortic' (39)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Not bad huh! An aortic Dissection then he goes on to referee last nights superbowl!

An aortic Dissection then he goes on to referee last nights superbowl! More than hope for all of us after this uplifting story today! chee…

Started by Graeme

2 Mar 23, 2015
Reply by Kimberlee Jones

Quite a breakthrough! Researchers identify 'master coordinator' for aortic rupture

Public release date: 19-Jun-2013[ Print | E-mail |  Share ] [ Close Window ] Contact: Jim Kellyjpkelly@utmb.edu409-772-8791University of Te…

Started by Graeme

4 Apr 8, 2014
Reply by John Dighton

Genetic Scanning for Aortic Dissection

A bit heavy but let's use this as a starter..Genetic Basis of Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms and Dissections ("TAAD") "In particular a gene call…

Started by Graeme

17 Mar 6, 2014
Reply by Dan1961

Initial discovery, and the road I've been on since then

I was diagnosed with having an aortic aneurysm after an evening where I spent 17 hours in the cardiac wing of the ER at a large hospital.  …

Started by David A. Holt

8 Sep 7, 2013
Reply by Kimberlee Jones

How many more!

So sad.. It REALLY IS a lottery.... who dies..who lives.. This is the 5th story on AD not diagnosed I have seen in the last month... http:/…

Started by Graeme

1 May 6, 2013
Reply by Kimberlee Jones

Hmm... Guess it was on the cards in his line of work... ;-) Ron Jeremy suffers Aortic Dissection

(LOS ANGELES) 31 January 2013Adult film actor Ron Jeremy has been hospitalized in critical condition, TMZ reports.The website says the 59-y…

Started by Graeme

8 Feb 4, 2013
Reply by Nicola McMeekin

Aortic Surgery Recovery Guide Available For Free Download

Hi folks, It's two years since I (an ex-pat Brit living in North Carolina, USA) self-diagnosed my abdominal aortic aneurysm ten days after…

Started by Kevin T Morgan

1 Nov 4, 2012
Reply by Stefan Manning

Mechanical Heart Valve noise when attached to a dacron prosthesis to replace the aortic root and the ascending aorta

Many of you will be interested in this test result that I found today. It refers specifically to MHV noise when attached to a prothesis whi…

Started by Graeme

0 Oct 17, 2012

9 years - and whose keeping tabs any more... :-)

9 year anniversary two weeks ago (I forgot!) since my Type A Aortic Dissection back on St Georges Day April 2003. Last checkup November l…

Started by Graeme

7 Sep 14, 2012
Reply by Graeme

Interesting..a new book out that features the main character as having an impending aortic dissection?

One Last Thing before I Go...Drew Silver is one of modern literature’s more pathetic losers. And that’s before he discovers an aortic disse…

Started by Graeme

0 Sep 6, 2012

RSS

LIFELONG MEMBERS

Our AD Facebook Page!

Visit Our Facebook Page/

OR - Post our Website Link to your Facebook Wall Profile
If you have the QR decode app in your smart camera phone - hold your camera phone over this QR CODE and it will automatically take your smart phone (*if you have the internet enabled on your phone) to our Facebook Page!

OR - Use the QR Code above

What's a QR Code??
Download QR Reader App.

Our Twitter Feed!

Events

© 2019   Created by Graeme.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service