Aortic dissection, aortic aneurysm - The aorta - Life after an aortic dissection
I know I haven't been around for awhile, life got a little busy there for awhile. I am truly sorry if I caused anyone any worry. So a little update. I moved to a new state and life is happy. I have found a new doctor here and he has sent referrals to both a cardiologist and a cardio thoracic surgeon. Surgery to repair my aneurysm and leaky valve is in my future, we will find out when I see surgeon how near of a future it will be. Part of me hopes soon, living with the fear of the aneurysm popping or dissecting is never fun(although it does occupy less space than it used to in my little brain...lol) but I'm also not looking forward to the recovery, the last one is still pretty fresh in my mind. At least this time I know what is going on and it won't be emergent. So I"m happy to back here and hope everyone is doing great.
Welcome back (online home?) lovely lady!
Yep online at home, so I'm back in full force, hoping I can make a difference in the life of at least one person...lol
welcome back kimberlee! good to see you!
kimberlee!!!!!! ive been sooooo worried about you! please get in touch with me on facebook or thru here or call me. 702-837-8730.... thank god you r ok. i shed many a tear for you this past year. im so thrilled to see your post here....love you.......marc
Sorry to cause anyone any worry. But life got crazy and it took awhile to work out.
I too am awaiting a date for descending aortic stenting and replacement of my aortic valve and graft again as the stent has to be anchored to something. I should get a date when I see the Surgeons in January but I know what you mean about living with the fear. I just want to get it over and done with and to get on with my life. Who knows we could be recovering at the same time !!!
Good luck Elaine, I know the waiting is so hard. I'll be waiting for awhile though, last ct showed no change, aneurysm is sitting pretty at 5.6cm....not sure how big it will have to get to require surgery. They say since I already had the prior surgery to fix the dissection, I'm higher risk so they are less inclined to do surgery at the size it is at now. Keeping you in my thoughts.